Securing Executive Appointments
Well, you might say, “what’s the big deal?” Call and make the appointment.
We could hit you with statistics that prove it’s a very big deal. I’ll share two:
Experts estimate up to 75 percent of B2B sales calls end up in voicemail.
In 2007, it took an average of 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect.
Today, it takes eight attempts, claims Telenet.
And as many as 12 contacts to break through to the C-suite.
What if we can show you how to enter a company under favorable conditions? You would be interested, yes?
Read our eBook, “How to Secure Executive Appointments Under Favorable Conditions,” then let’s assemble your sales team and give them keys to unlock the C-suite.
Pre-Plan Every Call
Pre-planning to appointment setting works like a map to a treasure hunt; without it, you may miss the target.
- Identify your valid business reason for meeting the executive.
- Use data-driven information to gain his/her attention.
- Know his business, market, and challenges he faces.
- Pinpoint the need she wants to fix, avoid or accomplish.
- Develop your questioning strategy in advance.
- Demonstrate how you can solve the problem.
- What value will you add? A new perspective, key insight.
- Create a sense of urgency.
Forbes Insight shares this head-turning statistic:
More than half (58%) of buyers report that sales reps are unable to answer their questions effectively.
No excuse when you pre-plan the call.
To learn how, you may find a one, two-day workshop sufficient.
However, we can also customize time-sensitive programs that do not interrupt valuable selling time in the field.
Certified to deliver the Strategic Selling® portfolio, PleinAire workshops guides sales leaders and teams on how to develop in-depth strategies to win sales opportunities. Learn to use the popular Blue Sheet to develop action plans to sell solutions requiring buy-in from multiple decision makers.
This multi-layered program boosts the odds of landing complex sales. You learn to determine when to walk away from resource-intensive deals with a low probability of success. You use specialized tools to focus time and energy on potential profitable, long-term customers.
When you know how to create the right selling strategy for a given prospect, you’re halfway to the close. We emphasize the critical application of strategic analysis across the entire sales cycle. In part, you’ll learn how to:
- connect with “real” decision makers
- identify the centers of influence and their personal wins
- locate and develop internal champions
- calculate a predictable sales forecast
- elevate prospect value and de-emphasize the importance of price
- use a common language within your teams to improve sales performance
Every touchpoint with a buyer must move the opportunity forward or secure the relationship. Conceptual Selling® Customer-Focused Interactions program lays out a simple, repeatable structure for every interaction. No guesswork.
Your team emerges better prepared to engage prospects. Using the popular Meeting Plan, companies learn to view the sale from the prospect’s perspective, which builds credibility and creates collaborative win-win solutions. In part, you’ll learn:
- Why all meetings must have a valid business reason
- How to understand buyer decision behavior
- How to identify the values, interests, and needs of buying influences
- How to establish credibility with the prospect and why it’s key
- How to overcome issues that could block the sale
- How to formulate meaningful questions to move the sale forward
- How to differentiate your solutions from the competition’s
- How to create actionable sales-call plans that advance every sale toward close
SPIN® Selling pursues a proven approach with advanced questioning skills that deepens conversations with prospects. Using a comprehensive, structured approach, you learn to engage prospects with meaningful dialogue, then plan the best strategy for winning the opportunity. Learn how to or refine your ability to:
- Engage in buyer-focused prospecting
- Stage more effective sales calls
- Obtain desired outcomes
- Reach decision makers faster
- Negotiate with confidence
- Build trustworthy relationships
This training is not one and done. These skill-building programs are built to last. Now for sales management process.Next: Executing the MERGE 2.0 Sales Process