Let’s say, you’ve worked a sales opportunity for eight months. It’s a six-figure sale that could open a new vertical market for you and the team.
Your solution fits perfectly. You built excellent rapport. You saw lots of buying signals. Every t was crossed, and i dotted.
Only thing left now─wait to learn the outcome of the prospect’s executive meeting.
Friday, 3 p.m. you get the call. No deal.
What on earth happened? We feel your pain. Been there.
But we learned how to stop the pain. And we’ll show you.
Harvard Business Review cites seven reasons for most lost sales:
- Incumbent Advantage
- Inability to Remove Risk
- Lack of C-Level Access
- Lack of Focus on a Solution
- Ineffective Messaging
- Poor Pre-Sale Resources
- Out-of-Range Pricing
Even if your company ranks as a world-class sales machine, you’ll still run into times when deals simply break down.
- Did you establish the prospect’s buying vision?
- Did you enter the company under favorable conditions, high or low?
- Did you map decision makers and understand their personal wins?
- Did you pitch a solution or use your process to analyze alternatives?
- Did you conduct a team strategy session before you presented?
With an outside, objective voice in the room to diplomatically sort through facts, you can learn the truth behind the loss.
Use our Win-Loss Deal Review and learn how to minimize pipeline erosion.