Securing Executive Appointments
Well, you might say, “what’s the big deal?” Call and make the appointment.
We could hit you with statistics that prove it’s a very big deal. I’ll share two:
Experts estimate up to 75 percent of B2B sales calls end up in voice mail.
In 2007, it took an average of 3.68 cold call attempts to reach a prospect. Today, it takes eight attempts, claims Telenet. And as many as 12 contacts to break through to the C-suite.
What if we can show you how to enter a company under favorable conditions? You’d be interested, yes?
Let’s start by inviting you to read our eBook, “How to Secure Executive Appointments Under Favorable Conditions.”
Then we should assemble your sales team and give them the keys to unlocking the C-suite. Here’s a sampling:
Pre-Plan Every Call
Pre-planning to appointment setting is the equivalent of a map to a treasure hunt; you’re not going to land anything without it. Your pre-planning should include:
- Identify your valid business reason for meeting the executive.
- Use data-driven information to gain his/her attention.
- Know his business, market and challenges he faces.
- Pinpoint the need she wants to fix, avoid or accomplish.
- Develop your questioning strategy in advance.
- Demonstrate how you can solve the problem.
- What value will you add? A new perspective, key insight.
- Create a sense of urgency.
Forbes Insight shares this head-turning statistic:
More than half (58%) of buyers report that sales reps are unable to answer their questions effectively.
No excuse when you pre-plan the call.
If we decide to work together, you may find a one, two-day workshop sufficient for your needs. We can also customize time-sensitive programs that pull your team from the field for a minimum of time. Our number one goal is to make it easy for you to do business with us.
PleinAire is certified to deliver the Strategic Selling® portfolio which guides sales leaders and their teams to develop in-depth strategies to win sales opportunities. Sales teams use the popular Blue Sheet to develop action plans to sell solutions that require buy-in from multiple decision makers.
This multi-layered program boosts the odds of securing complex sales. It gives companies the criteria for allocating resources to determine when to walk away from resource-intensive deals with a low probability of success. You will use specialized tools to focus time and energy on potential profitable, long-term customers.
When you know how to create the right selling strategy for a given prospect, you’re halfway to the close. We emphasize the critical application of strategic analysis across the entire sales cycle. Some of what you’ll learn:
- How to connect with “real” decision makers
- How to identify the centers of influence and their personal wins
- How to locate and develop internal champions
- How to calculate a predictable sales forecast
- How to elevate prospect value and de-emphasize the importance of price
- How to use a common language within your teams to improve sales performance
To establish and maintain a top-performing sales force, every prospect or client touchpoint must move the opportunity forward or secure the relationship. Conceptual Selling® Customer-Focused Interactions program demonstrates to participants a simple, repeatable structure for every interaction. No guesswork.
Your team will emerge better prepared to engage prospects. Using the popular Meeting Plan, companies, like yours, gain a lens through which to view the sale from the prospect’s perspective. That builds credibility and creates collaborative win-win solutions. Some of what you’ll learn:
- Why all meetings must have a VBR
- How to understand buyer decision behavior
- How to identify the values, interests and needs of buying influences
- How to establish credibility with the prospect and why it’s key
- How to overcome issues that could block the sale
- How to formulate meaningful questions to move the sale forward
- How to differentiate your solutions from the competition’s
- How to create actionable sales-call plans that advance every sale toward close
SPIN® Selling pursues a proven approach to deepen sales conversations with prospects through advanced questioning skills. Using a comprehensive, structured approach, you learn to engage prospects with meaningful dialogue, then perfect your team’s ability to plan the best strategy for winning the opportunity. Learn how to or refine your ability to:
- Engage in buyer-focused prospecting
- Stage more effective sales calls
- Obtain desired outcomes
- Reach decision makers faster
- Negotiate with confidence
- Build trustworthy relationships
These skill-building programs are more than simple training; they’re delivered with knowledge, technology, and strategy designed to transform B2B sales for the entire prospect engagement and beyond.
Now for sales management process.Next: Simplified Sales Management